STARTING OUT WITH YOUR NEW PUP
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. Collar & Leash
2. Food and water bowls.
-We reccomend getting a raised feeder since it makes eating more comfortable for your pup as they grow
3. Kennel or crate for when unsupervised or not home
4. Toys & bones
-avoid rope or anything they can shred apart and choke on.
-Good durable dog toys are Kong, Nylabone, INDESTRUCTIBONE, firehose and elk/moose antlers
5. Bed or sleeping mat
-anything is fine just be sure they learn not to chew it
6. Puppy Food
While your pups are here they eat Boss Dog Freeze Dried Raw, you can continue with this food or you can transition to a quality puppy kibble or premade raw diet. I recommend Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy. There are alot of great dog food companies out there now, it is all about finding the one that works best for you and your pup
** If you are interested in learning the proper way to feed a raw diet info and links can be found on the bottom of this page
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR PUP COMES HOME
- Puppy proof your house! Be sure any choking hazards and wires are removed from the ground level -and kept high enough out of reach so they cannot be chewed on.
- Pups should be taken out to potty as soon as they wake up, come out of their crate/kennel and after meals and playtime. Be sure to give your pup plenty of playtime /exercise before you leave the house so they are tired and relaxed when you leave.
- Enroll in a puppy obedience class for you and your pup.
- Socialization is very important. We recommend taking your pup out with you as much as you can. The more people and animals he/she meets the better.
- Changes dont occur overnight, it takes time and patience to train puppies. Consistency is key, don’t give up and you will have an obedient and loyal friend for life
our dogs & puppies are powered by NuVet